Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th 2011

I woke up today and I remember that day.I remember where I was what I was doing everything.Did It change me? I dont really think so.I was still HIV pos I was not quite 24 I still had to eventually go to work.Life kept going for me.I saw the inevitable we invaded another country we went to war it was Life.Was I afraid? No I was 24 and had been diagnosed with HIV for about 3 year's by then and I knew I had been Pos for about 5 or so as i know who infected me how could a terrorist attack be any worse for me you know I figured we would get on with it and go to war.A war I couldnt fight cause I was battling one of my own...
Ten years ten years is all I can think of 14 years with the virus ten years with all of the memories of 9/11 the loss of our soldiers the loss of all the victims and the war the loss of human life on both sides nothing in this world is more precious than human life.It doesnt Matter to me how a life is lost all life is precious and all loss of life a tragedy.HIV/AIDS infection is still so damn high I wish we could lower the numbers so very much.The numbers seem to be about 54% Higher in HIV/AIDS related Deaths than the deaths related tot the War in the middle east.thats just US HIV deaths alone ...
Well Life keeps going it is our Job to remember and to move forward in life to love eachother to educate our youth and teach them how to be strong and healthy and to keep our children and our youth tolerant of eachother and to teach love one another not hate.
You know Someone asked a question how has 9/11 changed you? Well as i have stated in the above it really didnt not just because I was so far from ground Zero but because so many other things were gong on in the world not just pertaining to 9/11 and bin laden but things going on in the Native american community and in the HIV/AIDS community...
Well after all is said and done there are more HIV/AIDS related deaths then war related deaths yet we remember one and not the other more so well we have to remember and educate I think on both subjects always.....

No comments:

Post a Comment