Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I am Still Here and I am still positive

So I was Diagnosed 14 years ago with this virus I have never had a remission like you would with cancer I have never woke up thinking that I am cured I have never had the opportunity to be anything other Than HIV positive since My diagnosis.It is a curse I live with but its a blessing in disguise. What I have learned since my diagnosis is that life is very  precious and that we all have gifts to offer.
 It Has taken me time to come to the realization that I am worth more than just My virus or my looks or sex. For   a long time I had equated love with sex. Love is more much more than Sex, Love is life love is sharing your spirit with another love is all that and more.And I have so Much to offer more than just my experience with my virus and I have more to offer than just sex. I am worth something and I am a beautiful spirit and soul.
It has taken me time to realize this all these years living with the Virus I never thought I could find anyone or anything to share myself with. I live everyday as though it is my last because everyday could very well be its not just cause I am HIV positive it is because I am human I am mortal I have come to terms with my mortality because of my Virus. And that is a true blessing I know just how precious life is I have come to the realization that life is more than Just getting By to let life pass you by there is so much to do with the precious time we are given. I was given this virus to speak about it to educate on it to live and learn from it the lessons are good ones and I am Listening.
 I have learned that living is learning life is giving love is caring and we must all do what we must in order to be the best that we are in this world. Life is sometimes confusing sometimes crazy sometimes just plain great.. Living with HIV is difficult enough but stressing over random Life issues on top of that can be truly crazy.. Life is absolutely wonderful for the most part I believe I was blessed rather than cursed with this Virus I believe I was given this virus to help serve a much grater purpose than just to suffer. Many people believe that we are given things like HIV for suffering and to prove that Homosexuals are somehow wrong they fail to see that new infection rates are much higher in the straight communities not because we have straight Allys but because it is not just a Gay Virus it is a human Virus and we all have to work together to put an end to it.If we can not come together on a common ground and work to fight HIV together we will wind up in a tailspin falling and failing each other and the human race altogether.
 So yeah Here I am with all this randomness worried about so many things touching on hardly anything how Do I get through today one more day with HIV? I get through it by going through the motions that I go through everyday.
 Some days Are Harder than others that's for sure I know but I  get through each day with a prayer and I live each day for what it is I try to do whats right for me and I try to teach every day is a process of waking up and making due with the hand I was dealt. I can say life is never easy for any of us and its never easy for me but in the stead of sitting and complaining I am trying to make a difference and make this world a better place for having me in it. Life Is a gift each new day is a gift to me and I will be here to help for as long as I can I hope all my friends know they can come to me for advise. I am here for the newly diagnosed I am here for those who are still neg I hope people stay neg in order to do that then you must protect your self above all else this doesn't just go away you live with it for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment