Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Fathers Day Dad I hope You get this In heaven

In preparation of the coming Holiday I am rememberin' My dad he was an amazing guy.He was by the time I came up done with his youthful exploits although my other siblings remember his radical drinking and disease I never really saw that. What I saw was A loving father who had quit his old ways. he knew he had made mistakes and never hid them. He was my best friend and My Hero.I know he had come up bad and come from mistakes and he had many mistakes in his past But he was a great Dad to me. I am not saying he was the best father and that he was perfect because he by far perfect at times he could be emotionally abusive but that was better than the alternative.I know I was a troubled Kid and My Dad well I pushed him passed his wits end.both My parents Had a hand full with me and my sister's they did the best they could and for the most part we all turned out OK My brother still Harbors resentment to My dad and I can understand Why he wasn't my brother's Father and well he was very violent and abusive to him. But My older brother turned out as ok as he could coming up the way he did.My Dad to me was my life saving grace he helped me to grow I dint know the bad from him I mean My dad when he would get pissed at me he would raise his hands up to god and ask what did he do to deserve such a kid and well he also did the same thing in a different tone when I pleased Him he would say how Have been so good to deserve such a son.
 My dad was not perfect but in his imperfections he was at his core the best Man for the job of raising me.He was loving and Caring and stood by me my whole life. Till the day My father Died He was there for me.I was blessed with the best dad I could Have asked for ever.
I have brothers and sister's that are both loving and a thorn in my side but I love them all no matter what.And each of them Know I would die for any of them no matter what.and if they don't well they should.I cant do much for them anymore as my health has deteriorated so severely but I can say My Dad n Mom taught me to stick by them and I do that the best I know how.I do know I have to take Care of myself now first before I can help anyone else and they for the most Part Understand I have serious limitations.thanks dad for teaching me to Honor My family as best as I can I honor my family. That is all I can hope to do.I am imperfect I know this and my parents were imperfect But they taught me to do the best I can with what i have.And that Is what I do.My sister's know that and they are there for me as best they can Be we all have our own lives and I know its tough on all of us.I do what I can with what I have.
I can say that when I came home and said I was gay My dad was trying to set me up with a friend of his to ensure I would be taken care of.When I came home HIV pos My parents took me in and said we would get through it together. I can say I have no horror story from my family tossing me aside for being gay,Or pos they loved me with their whole hearts and regardless.I was accepted and loved no matter what. So thank you Dad Thank you for being my Dad And loving me unconditionally and teaching me unconditional love.teaching me to love and not hate anyone.Teaching me levels of forgiveness for those who lie and hurt me and do me wrong teaching me the true meaning of compassion and tolerance and teaching me to pray for those who would do me harm to make them feel better.I was blessed with a real Father rite here who always tole me he loved me till the Day he died in fact the very last words my Father told me on the day of his death Was son I love you don't forget it.And I never Did. I love you too Daddy and on this day and every day I honor your memory by loving you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment