Saturday, November 5, 2011

Veterans Parade and Trail Of Tears Memorial Walk

OK so today was a busy day I was in a Parade with Uncle Mark then I was in the Trail of tears memorial Walk..Long day but fulfilling I saw many familiar faces and shook Many hands had Many hugs and Laughed Allot. Through it all I had in the back of my mind this is nothing in comparison too what my mothers Great Grandmother Went through when she was relocated. Today we are truly blessed if we live in Urban society we have cell phones androids Iphones we have cars and Jobs and homes. We have so much that back then we didn't we were forcibly removed from our lands and we walked we cryed some even Died. Life for the Urban Indian is allot simpler that for the rez ndn but life still has its ups and downs. In a world of inequality in a world where we have to go into the military for lack of anything else the job Markets are so scarce life can be rough but at least we can remember it is not 1832 and we are not being walked on a 700 mile journey with little to no food we are not being taken from our homes we are blessed with what we have, and we don't forget our past we remember our ancestors we live and move forward for them everyday,
 Well after the walk I went to the Indian center there was music the drum of course there was people from all different times of my life I saw many old friends made some new ones sat and spoke about my HIV with some young people and made sure that they all knew how blessed I felt I was I never forget who I am I never forget where I come from I never forget I am POS and have a duty to teach when ever an opportunity arises I walk in a good way I do my best I live everyday and never forget I am who I am and that I am HIV Pos but I am truly and eternally blessed people listen to me. People Heed my words. I am 34 and when I speak people hear me.this is a good thing.
 Well enough of my rant I thank you for taking the time To read this post I thank you for everything and I walked for all those who couldn't I prayed for all those who needed it I taught all those who needed it and now I am going to rest up a bit and thank the creator for giving me such a wonderful day A'ho

2 comments:

  1. I should have been there :( I'm glad you made it thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for walking the Trail of Tears Memorial Walk. People should never forget. :)

    ReplyDelete