Friday, December 9, 2011

So Its that time of year again

In about 19 Days I am going to have yet another birthday I was thinking about all the great birthdays I have had through the years. And I got to thinking what were the best gifts. Well I never really got a whole lot on my birthday just cause its so close to Christmas but I always had a great celebration and the best one was when I was about 10 or so well that is until recently but I will get to that. You see when I was young my family was very big and we had just enough but mom and dad always made an effort for the holidays to make sure we all had a Christmas and such well this year in particular My mom My aunt and uncle and my dad and older brother Made a very special effort for my Birthday and my older sister kept me busy all day so they could get things together and I remember My sister taking me on the bus to stoneridge shopping Mall where Farrell's was it was this Ice cream Parlor place that well you could have birthdays and such it was old timey and when we finally got there every one was there with presents and cake and Ice cream my whole family all made this huge effort just for me and I know it must have cost a bundle cause this place wasn't cheap but they all helped to make me remember that that was my special Day. these are the memories i will keep and cherish from my child hood remembering my whole family cared so much to do something just for me they were all there for me even though that it was Christmas time and we were all broke My whole family came together to celebrate my special Day If I could have one thing this year on my birthday it would be my family coming together to celebrate the joys of life to be with me and enjoy our family and each other.
 Well of course there is another very special gift I was talking about and that is a more recent Story it was an unintentional gift My sister gave to me on my birthday. See My older sister Has been in recovery for several years now and early on in her recovery She found out she was pregnant. and I was very excited for her that year we found out My Nieces due date was something like the 24th of December or Christmas day and I told my sister nope your going to have that baby on my Birthday I just know it. I helped plan her baby shower and got all these super expensive gifts for her I got her one of them diaper Gene's and so much as a damn Wipey Warmer I said my baby's tooshie will never be cold lolz and when Christmas time came around my sister was like i am going to have this baby i know it and I said nope she is going to be born on the 28th no doubt and we argued in a playful sibling banter but lo and behold My beautiful niece was born on my birthday a celebration of life on my day in my family Suzie never expected to have her on that day and she will never know just how much it means that I was honored by the Creator that her daughter was born on my birthday to remind me that life is a gift that My day of birth was the first gift I ever received and that I am also a gift to my community my family and my people so my niece is that reminder that we are all precious gifts everyone of us are a gift from the creator and everyday is a gift.
 And so with my Birthday coming I would like to thank my mom my dad My sisters and brothers my nephews and nieces and cousins aunts and uncle for always being there reminding me how precious life is and I would like to thank them all for being a part of my life my celebration of the Creators love each and everyday. 14 years Positive and I am still here able to celebrate birthdays and holidays with my family how amazing is that isn't that the best gift in and of itself to be able to spend it with the ones you love and to cherish each and every single moment whether its your next or your last knowing that Life is a celebration that is what I want for my birthday the reminder that Life is a celebration of being.......

No comments:

Post a Comment